NEW! Online Simulation based Learning with SIM.JS
SIM.JS is a library for modeling discrete time event systems:
- The library provides constructs to create Entities which are the active actors in the system and encapsulates the state and logic of components in a system.
- The entities communicate by waiting on Events or by sending Messages.
- Statistics recording and analysis is provided by Data Series Statistics (collection of discrete, time-independent observations), Time Series Statistics (collection of discrete, time-dependent observations) and Population Statistics (the behavior of population growth and decline).
- SIM.JS also provides a random number generation library to generate seeded random variates from various distributions, including uniform, exponential, normal, gamma, pareto and others.
SIM.JS is free, open source and licensed under LGPL.
- The authors of this library are passionate about Discrete Event Simulations, and hope to see its widespread use in education as well as everyday applications. The authors also believe that in this era of Web 2.0, web-based applications are the best way to reach people. Which is why they concluded that there is a need for a Web enabled simulation engine.